The Association for Project Management have a wide range of Project Management qualifications these include.
APM Registered Project Professional
The APM Registered Project Professional level is a new level of professional standard. To demonstrate commitment to the professional standards of the APM then candidates will be required to demonstrate
- A significant level of competence in a range of competences considered critical for a pan-sector standard
- A broad understanding of project management as defined in the APM Body of Knowledge
- Achievement of successful outcomes through responsible leadership
- 35 hours of CPD over the past 12 months in line with the APM approved scheme
- An understanding of the application of a code of professional conduct in a project environment.
APM Practitioner (APM PQ)
APM practitioner it for the managers of non complex projects, i.e. not multiphase and multi-disciplinary. Completion of the APM PQ leads to automatic APM membership qualification. It involves a 3 day assessment centre , a review of CV and provides detailed feedback on individual capability. The assessment is against thirty detailed criteria. This qualification is ideal for project managers with over 5 years experience in project management
The APMP ia a foundation level qualification covering all the fundamentals of project management. It is available as a distance learning or 5-day project management training course. The written examination lasts for 3 hours and is based on 10 questions. The APM recommend a total of 60 hours study before taking the exam. Parallel Project Training Offer a wide range of pre-course study material.
APM Introductory Certificate (APM IC)
The APM Introductory Certificate is an ideal qualification for new project managers and team members. Providing an overview of the key project management processes, jargon and behaviours. It qualification is a simple 6o multiple choice questionnaire covering the basics of project management.